Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Harry Potter

I will start off by saying that I really have never read these books until this year. I’ve always seen the movies when they came out in theaters, but I was just never motivated enough to read them before now. When I saw that we would be discussing the books, I really wanted to see how the books differ from the movies. I was able to get through the first 3 books so far. I must say, I can’t believe how much more detailed and magical (pun intended) these books are.

I love to see the detailed characteristics and personalities of the characters. Harry is pretty unsure of himself and obviously has low self-esteem because of his abusive childhood. Though Hogwarts is welcoming to him and he gains confidence with his “fame”, it’s also painful to watch as his peers turn on him once things start to go wrong. His classmates blame and hate him for an involvement with the Dark Lord that he doesn’t even mean to have. But at least he has his close friends that stick by him, even though Hermione is always quick to tell Harry that he’s imagining/hearing things.

For a children’s book, it’s nice to see that this series can really be read by any age and still be enjoyed. The fantasy of the world is immense and it’s obvious to see why its culture is so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment